Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Voice...


Today, while typing your class syllabus (well, modifying it), I realized I need to update the blog and give a little more information on what you will be doing here. One of the major points of emphasis this year is developing original voice. We will be using excerpts from Discovering Voice: Voice Lessons for Middle and High School and Voice Lessons by Nancy Dean to understand and develop our individual voice in writing. This being said, one of your first assignments will be to respond to a topic from Discovering Voice. Please bear in mind I am looking for QUALITY not QUANTITY. I want you to be thoughtful in answering the question and to write carefully. I will embed Discovering Voice and Voice Lessons in daily classroom work and here on the blog. They will be a vital component in helping you develop a clear, consistent voice (this, of course, is important for any English course, especially AP Language and Composition).

I realize, also, that these posts are mostly introductory. As we begin the year together I will post clear direction for your writing. This blog is in its infancy, so we will see where it will take us. I am excited to journey with you through English this year; I hope you are equally as excited (and ready for the challenge)!

5 comments:

  1. hey, umm i don't know if this worked. so sorry if this comment annoys anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our assignment is going to be posted up today, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah the homework was supposed to be up here, but i can't find it

    ReplyDelete
  4. the volleyball game might have ended late. it should be up soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's up! Volleyball ended later, so it took some time!

    ReplyDelete